Friday, July 19, 2013

Commentary for Christie Cutler

 (Sorry this is late, Christie, I've been really sick these past few days. I hope it still helps.)

According to the commentary outline he provided us, I'd like to recommend the following:
  1. Add a title that reflects the content of your analysis.
  2. Clarify your thesis so that it clearly states your analysis and sets the tone for your essay.
  3. Organize your quotes and commentary into the classical argument structure, including topic sentences for each paragraph.
  4. While you identified some logos appeals, try clarifying the strategies the author uses and analyze their effectiveness.
  5. Similarly, with ethos and pathos appeals, add more examples and provide a clear critique of their effectiveness.
  6. OPTIONAL: Consider adding an analysis of the author's appeal to kairos if you're struggling to meet the required length.
I hope it helps, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment